- What search strategies can you use for finding useful and accurate information online?
- What are some ways you can evaluate the validity of information found online?.
- How do we demonstrate our respect for intellectual property of others?
- How do we cite information we have found online?
'No Place for Hate' Blog Challenge
1. Create a blog to share your reflections and observations about 'No Place for Hate' at MCLIMS.
2. Choose 'Draft' to save a work in progress. When ready to publish, choose 'Review.'
3. Add comments to blog posts by classmates that show your thoughts, questions, connections and questions for the writers!
2016 Spring Semester Learning Goals
Code Studio Coursework & Istation MOY Assessment
Computer Science & Coding Coursework
Storybird Challenge: Gratitude!
Blog Post: Wonderopolis
November ISIP, Learning.com & Digital Citizenship
October Istation ISIP, Dreambox Math & Typing Club
Digital Citizenship & Cyberbullying: FBI SOS
View BrainPop 'Cyber-bullying' clip to define bullying, cyber-bullying and their effects.
--> Brainstorm ways to prevent and respond to bullying situations.
--> Discuss the power of words and understandings of feelings caused from mean, hurtful or scary messages.
--> Judge what it means to cross the line from harmless to
harmful communication online ('Cross the Line' game & discussion)
Visit 3rd Grade - FBI-SOS Safe Surf Island
Begin activities 1+2 and 5
Be sure to read directions and feedback from right and wrong answers!
Continue working in Dreambox Math
Personalized Reading with MyON Digital Book Library
2. Do an Interest Inventory. Choose what you like to
read from 16 areas.
3. Take Lexile Placement Test for 'just-right' book
4. Read a book from your Recommended Book List.
5. Explore embedded dictionary, bookmarking, audio,
'More Books Like This!' and search options.
6. Rate and review your first book! [Be sure to tap END button so MyON tracks your finished books]
Dreambox Math & International Dot Day
Online Safety & Digital Citizenship
Istation ISIP & e-Reading
1. Istation Reading Assessment
[Evaluation of reading comprehension, word analysis, fluency and vocabulary]
1. Launch and login.
2. Select 'Reading with ISIP.'
3. Do your best work, listen carefully to instructions, read entire screen.
Continue working on Istation Reading lessons when testing is complete.
2. e-Book Libraries
Search for 'just-rignt' e-Books in PebbleGO Next and Capstone Interactive Libraries.
3. Power Type!
Begin work on sequence of 13 lessons in Power Typing.
Welcome to Technology Class!
RULES & EXPECTATIONS
3rd Grade Learning Goals:
What is positive netiquette and how should I protect my privacy?